Collins Lake Resort
Book Your Trip Now!
Red Bull Schlittentag is coming to Mt. Hood Skibowl and it's open to any and all teams! Get a head start on building your winter crafts now, and we'll see you at the top of the hill on March 30th!
Schlittentag is the German word for "sledding day." Put simply, it translates as "daredevils willing to propel themselves down a snow-covered hill and over a jump on a sled they built themselves." This will be the most winter fun you've had sitting down. Three person teams will compete to be the fastest sledders this side of the Alps. One will be the pilot and the two others will help give their sled the push it needs to win the race and the fame and fortune that follows. It's all happening on March 30th at Mt. Hood Skibowl. If you'd like more details about participating in Schlittentag, please email email@example.com.
Date and Time: Saturday, March 30, 2013
- Registration 10AM
- First Sled Downhill 1:03PM
REGISTRATION: Please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Team Captain Name (full name):
- Captain's Email:
- Captain's Phone #:
- Team Name:
- Theme/ Craft Description (give us an idea of what your doing):
*Final registration will take place on the day of event, and will be open to 50 teams. If we are near capacity, priority will be given to teams that pre-registered.
*** THE RULES ***
- Teams will consist of 3 people and may have 1-3 people riding the sled down
- One person must be designated as “pilot” and remain with the craft through the finish line for the run to count
- No prefabricated sleds
- No engines or batteries or external energy sources
- No launching from your craft (intentionally) or launching any items from it
- No throwing anything while coming down the hill
- No fire
- No pyro (firecrackers/torches/etc)
- No use of power tools on site during build out
- No smoke of any kind - especially using dry ice
- All competitors must be at least 18 yrs old
- Helmets must be worn by all 3 teammates during launch (all helmets subject to approval by course staff)
- Craft has to make it through the finish to be considered for the grand prize
- All crafts will be inspected for the safety of the competitors prior to their run. Crafts deemed unsafe or potentially harmful to their pilots will not allowed to run. This decision will be made at the sole discretion of Red Bull North America and it’s employees.
$$$$$ PRIZES $$$$$
Schlittentag Grand Champions (Highest combined score of Speed and Creativity.)
Trip to Red Bull Flugtag Long Beach (Transportation to and from event, lodging, and tickets to VIP viewing area)
2nd Place: 3 GA Wristbands w/Pioneer Square Shows to MusicFest NW
3rd Place: 3 Tickets to AMA Outdoor Nationals in Washougal, WA with Red Bull VIP Viewing Area
Best Crash: $75 Gift Card for "Liquid Healing"
The team with the most combined points will be crowned the overall winner. In the event of a tie, the team with the faster time will be designated the winner.